Do we mean the Internet,
that tangled web of life?
Does this net represent your net worth
of a physical, spiritual, financial or emotional state?
What if we were fish?
Would we want to spend our time on the net
or in the net for that matter?
The net is a trap. No, it is way to get what you want.
It is a tool.
A means to keep us from reaching our goals.
A means to attain our goals.
If we look deeper we will see that most objects have this duality.
And if those objects were to look at humans.
They would find this same duality inside of us.
1. Does the word two-faced have a positive or negative meaning?
2. When you saw the word net, what sort of images did you come up with? Write down three of them.
3. Has the Internet helped or hurt you in your life? Explain.
Plum blossom petals
awaken in the cold dawn
and smile at the sun.
These are plum blossoms. They are saying, “Spring will be here soon!”
This morning it was cold. It was zero degrees! There was ice on my car windows. Ice covered the goldfish pot. I could see my breath.
This is not spring. This is winter!
Then the sun came out. It smiled on the plum blossoms. The plum blossoms smiled at me.
“Can I take your picture?”
Some of them were shy. Some of them were quiet, but most of them were happy.
“Say ‘Cheese’!” I said. I took their picture.
The plum blossoms and a blue sky. The sun felt warm. I heard some birds singing.
“Yes, Spring will be here soon,” I thought as I walked home.
1. Do you like cold weather?
2. Why does Jeff think spring will be here soon?
3. Is there a plum tree near you? What special message does it have for you?